Updated May 27, 2021 - Youth aged 12-17 in Eeyou Istchee will be able to get the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine starting Wednesday, June 2, 2021.
Vaccination will be available three ways in Eeyou Istchee:
- At schools
- At vaccination sites in the community
- Through a mobile vaccination clinic that will tour each community
What you need to know
- Vaccination is a personal choice that everyone should make only after getting the right information.
- Youth aged 12-13 require parent/legal guardian consent to get the Pfizer vaccine.
- Youth 14-17 can decide on their own.
- An information handout for parents/legal guardians is available on this page.
- Scroll down to External Links to "Q&A Youth Vaccination" to download the handout.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Getting vaccinated provides a thick layer of protection against COVID-19 and variants of concern.
- When you’re vaccinated, you have less chance of getting sick and or spreading the virus to people around you.
- Vaccination helps protect family members and your community.
- Visit the Cree Health Board's COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ site to learn more.
Youth Vaccination in your community
Mon to Fri: 1 PM to 9 PM until June 30th (except 24th)
Youth can call Diane Blueboy for appointment, 819-855-6598 or call the CMC with the extension #22068 (Uschi Reception)
By appointment (Mon to Fri)
Call 819-978-0225 and ask for Alyssa Tent or Lizzie Ann Stephen
Vaccination appointment is given once they have at least 6 youth on their list.
Where: Waskaganish Gathering Place
Date: Until Friday, June 18, 2021
Time: 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM For the youth ages 12 to 17 years old. Parents/Guardians are welcome to come.
Please bring your health card or ID card and for more information you can call at 819-895-4323 a Nurse will be available. Thank-you.