Reduced services at Waskaganish Walk-In Clinic until further notice
Due to a shortage of nursing staff, the Walk-In Clinic is operating on reduced services until further notice
Only appointments and urgent health issues will be attended to during normal working hours (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Call the clinic in the following emergency situations
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sudden numbness accompanied by sudden change in level of consciousness, facial drooling
- A fall involving the head
- Headache involving a change in vision
- Deep cut with bleeding requiring stitches
- Allergic reaction
For non-emergency health issues, call 811
Info Santé 811
811 is a free and confidential telephone health consultation service available across Eeyou Istchee and Quebec. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A nurse at 811 will answer questions about non-urgent health issues.
Medical concerns that are not urgent
Call the CMC 9 am to 5 pm for the following medical concerns:
- Stomach flu
- Cough, runny nose, nasal congestion, sore throat
- COVID testing
- Chronic medical conditions that are currently under investigations
- Head lice
Pharmacy hours are from 9 am to 5:15 pm.
Please call the pharmacy during pharmacy hours for the following:
- if you have a cold or a stomach flu
On-call after hours
Nurses work from Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
On call after-hours are for emergency only.
For any non-urgent matters, please phone the clinic during opening hours.