The aah chishtipistihch awaash-uschiniichisiu sikischaayimuwiniyiu (Cree Youth Protection Commission) is a Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) landmark project. Along with our community partners, our goal is to adapt our Youth Protection Services to Cree culture, values, needs and realities.
Join us Live for the launch of public consultations starting this fall across Eeyou Istchee.
Special guests for the launch
- Dr. Cindy Blackstock, Executive Director of First Nations Child & Family Caring Society of Canada, Associate Professor & Director of FNCARES (First Nations Children’s Action Research and Education Service) at University of Alberta and Professor in McGill’s School of Social Work
- Catherine Lemay, National Director of Youth Protection, Québec
- Bella M. Petawabano & Lorraine Spencer, Cree Chaashtipishtihch/Commissioners
- Bertie Wapachee, Chairperson, CBHSSJB
- Delegates from the Cree Nation Government and Councils
- View the Livestream
- Read the story about the launch on the Commission website