We are actively recruiting nurses!
The CBHSSJB offers fantastic working conditions to nurses who are open to the challenges of the north. You must be dynamic, self-sufficient, team-spirited and open to the Cree culture and reality. Our ideal candidate will embrace the northern culture and natural environment, including our beautiful, snowy and cold winters!
The CBHSSJB is investing in preparing the way for the next generation of Cree nurses. Are you interested in becoming a nurse? Please call the DSPQA-Health Department.
Benefits and incentives
Nurses employed by the CBHSSJB are members of the FIQ union. In addition to your salary we offer:
- Annual retention premium of $14,000
- Annual northern benefit between $6,098.80 and $17,651.97 depending on the community and whether you have dependents
- Extended role premium of at least $7,600 for nurses working in specific sectors requiring extended role functions
- Cargo premium to compensate for the transport costs assumed by the employee to purchase food supplies
- Great furnished housing
- Paid moving and storage costs
- Three or four annual paid round trips for you and your family to your original hiring location in Québec
- Up to 17 weeks off territory, combining the different opportunities for time off
- Excellent training and continued education (5 weeks of extended role training when applicable, preceptorship on arrival, 1 week of annual training, online training opportunities and much more)
- Structured and organized care setting, opportunity to use the full scope of nursing practice in collaboration with a diverse range of professionals and specialists in a multidisciplinary setting
- The opportunity to fully deploy your full scope of nursing practice in an autonomous way
- Offer of permanent full-time positions (a must to obtain a northern leave with current employer), part time and occasional work are also options.
- Member of the Ordre des infirmières et infirmiers du Québec (OIIQ)
- Minimum 1 year of diverse experience to work in the Chisasibi Hospital
- Minimum 2 years of diverse experience to work in a CMC*
- Good spoken and written English
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Certificate in Community Health is an asset.
The CBHSSJB also has management, public health and services planning positions that require a nursing degree or where a nursing background is an asset.
*CMCs are similar to CLSC settings.There is a CMC in each of the nine communities of Eeyou Istchee.
For any questions, contact the Human Resources department.