Let this summer be a new start for you and your family to continue on the path of healthy living. We encourage you to try to be physically active each day! Physical activity helps us physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
10 easy ways to stay active this summer
Here is a list of fun activities you can do with your family and friends this summer:
- Participate in activities that are organized in the community
July is Physical Activity Month. Join in on activities in your community!
Sign up with your Chishaayiyuu PCCR with 1 or more other people for the 100 KM Walking Challenge (June 17 – September 3, 2022)
- Leave your car at home and walk to work, daycare, or the store.
- Go for a walk around the block during your break.
- Walk your dog around the community.
- Go on a hike with your family and enjoy the summer weather.
- Go biking or rollerblading with others.
- Pick up the garbage around the community.
- Rake or mow your lawn, or even somebody else’s lawn!
- Go canoeing and catch some fish!
- Organize a fun physical activity in your workplace, like a “Fun Run” or sports game.
Summer Active activities run from June through September 2022 in each community. Contact your Chishaayiiyuu PCCR at the CMC for details.
Send your photos to your PCCR to help encourage others to join in the fun of active living!
As part of this year’s Summer Active campaign to promote regular physical activity, a 100KM team walking challenge will run from June 17 to September 3, 2022.