The CBHSSJB is proud to announce the appointment of Richard Shecapio as the Assistant Executive Director (AED) Miyupimaatisiiun, as well as 4 new Proximity Directors who join his management team to lead the Cree Health Board’s largest department.
Miyupimaatisiiun, the department responsible for providing the majority of health and social services to our population, represents 60% of full-time personnel (approximately 1000 people) and 37% of the operational budget ($104 million per year).
The new senior managers are:
- Richard Shecapio - AED Miyupimaatisiiun
- E. Virginia Wabano - Mistissini Pole (Mistissini, Oujé-Bougoumou, Waswanipi)
- Christina Biron - Chisasibi Pole (Chisasibi, Whapmagoostui, Wemindji)
- Holly Danyluk - Waskaganish Pole (Waskaganish Eastmain, Nemaska)
- Michelle Gray - Regional Services including Chisasibi Hospital and the future Regional Health Centre for Eeyou Istchee, which will also be located in Chisasibi.
The creation of new senior management positions corresponding to service poles of three communities each + regional is part of the strategy to strengthen access to services closer to home and ultimately reduce the need for medical travel outside our region.
Welcome to Richard Shecapio and Holly Danyluk who are new to the CBHSSJB, and congratulations to Christina, Virginia and Michelle as they assume their new functions. We will have more information about each of them coming soon.