The Cree Health Board wants youth 12-17 and adults to come get their 2nd shot of the COVID-19 vaccine this summer. Call your CMC to book an appointment now.
A Winning Shot – Quebec's Vaccination Contest
If you get the COVID-19 vaccine you can enter the contest this summer
♦♦ What you can win ♦♦
- Adults 18+ : Cash prizes
- Youth 12-17: Scholarships
The vaccination contest runs July 25 to August 31, 2021.
Second doses of the COVID-19 vaccine are now available to Youth 12-17, and to adults in all communities of Eeyou Istchee. Call the CMC today to make an appointment! Scroll down to find the local CMC phone number.
Youth who have received their 1st vaccine do not require parental consent for the 2nd dose.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Getting a 2nd dose provides better protection against COVID-19 and variants of concern, including the Delta variant.
- Variants of concern can still cause illness in some people after they are fully vaccinated, especially if the variants are circulating in a community.
- When you’re vaccinated, you have less chance of getting very sick, or spreading the virus to people around you.
- A 2nd dose offers longer-lasting protection against COVID-19.
- Vaccination helps protect all family members and your community.
- 2nd dose side effects are temporary, if you do experience them. These are normal signs that your body is building protection. The side effects from vaccination can include tiredness, headache, or chills. You may have to take it easy for a few days. They will go away.