Driving while under the influence of alcohol is dangerous and can put you and others at serious risk. Driving impaired (drunk or high) is illegal, and continues to kill or injure more people in Canada than any other crime.
Drunk driving can lead to car accidents, serious injuries, and death.
Why is driving under the influence of alcohol dangerous?
- Your reactions are slower
- You are less coordinated
- You have trouble concentrating
- You cannot see well
- It is harder to keep the car or truck in a lane
- It is harder to control your speed
Accidents from drunk driving are 100% preventable.
How can I stay safe?
- Designate a sober driver
- Don’t ride with a friend or family member who is drunk
- Don’t feel pressured to drink alcohol
- Spend the night at a friend’s or family’s house
- Have someone pick you up
- Take a taxi
Only time will sober a person up. Drinking strong coffee, exercising or taking a cold shower will not help.