COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose a threat to the population of Eeyou Istchee.
Did you know that the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 spreads through droplets, including saliva?
7 ways to prevent tooth decay
- Cut down on food or drinks with added sugar; e.g. juice and pop.
- Make water your #1 choice of beverage.
- Choose healthy snacks such as fresh apples, grapes, carrots, broccoli, celery, nuts and plain yogurt.
- Limit unhealthy snacks such as chocolate, granola bars, chips and cookies.
- Eat less processed food.
- If you really want to eat sweets, save them for dessert (i.e. after your meal).
- Never leave your baby in bed with a bottle of milk or juice.
7 ways to practice good oral health
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes with toothpaste with fluoride. Brush your tongue too.
- Clean between your teeth; using floss once a day.
- Consider using mouthwash in addition to brushing and flossing.
- Clean your dentures and oral appliances daily.
- If you have been sick, replace your toothbrush immediately.
- Never share your toothbrush.
- Help your children with tooth brushing (0-10 years old).