When we are out on the land, we reconnect with our families and ourselves. Being on the land brings a sense of calm and peace. Now, how do we maintain those nice connections and apply them in our daily lives?
HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS TO HELP YOU GET BACK TO YOUR HOME ROUTINE
- Continue to take long walks every evening, sitting by the water, or just in your backyard enjoying the sun.
- Continue to spend time with your family members who live in the same household, sharing good meals and conversations as much as possible.
- Continue to respect physical distancing, contact other family members and friends through phone call or social media.
- Limit your time with social media, technology, and the news.
- Make time for self-care. Do things that you love that help you stay connected with yourself, and take some time to relax.
- Remind yourself of the great moments you had during Goose Break, and share them with friends and family.
- Coming home to the continuing COVID situation may be difficult. If you want to speak to someone else in a safe space, feel free to contact your local CMC or the Wiichihiiwaauwin Helpline.
- If you have questions relating to COVID-19 safety procedures or symptoms, you can call the COVID-19 INFO LINE.