Did you know?
An elder or vulnerable adult is being mistreated if a person they trust...
- Causes them emotional, mental or physical harm
- Damages their house
- Puts all the financial burden on the elder
- Takes money or valuable things without asking
- Makes important decisions without first checking
- Neglects them instead of helping
Do you know an elder or vulnerable adult who needs help?
"Something is not right."
- Learn to recognize signs of abuse
- Trust your instincts
"I'm worried about you."
- Reach out when it's safe
- Avoid finger-pointing or blame
"What can I do to help?"
- Make sure they are safe
- Be a good listener
- Connect them to services, like the Wichihiwaauwin Helpline
To report the mistreatment of an elder or vulnerable adult who receives services from the CBHSSJB, in its facilities or through in-home care, contact the Commissioner of Complaints.