During the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to limit our contact with others as much as possible to prevent the spread of the virus. This means taking extra precautions when making food or bringing food to others, especially Elders and people at risk.
- If you are sick, do not prepare food or wash dishes.
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds before and after handling and preparing food.
- Clean kitchen surfaces with household disinfectant or a mix of water and bleach.
- Use your dishwasher to wash kitchen items as much as possible.
- Use hot water and dish soap to wash dishes.
- Wash your dishtowels often with hot water
Take-Outs and Delivery
If you are looking after someone who is in isolation, such as an Elder or someone at risk, be careful while delivering food.
IF YOU ARE RECEIVING FOOD FROM OTHERS:
- Organize food deliveries over the phone.
- Food deliveries should be left at the doorstep to minimize contact.
- Respect physical distancing during delivery of food (stay 2 metres / 6 feet apart).
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds before and after handling food packages.
- Avoid purchasing take-outs from places other than restaurants
If you are a caregiver, looking after an individual who is awaiting a COVID-19 test result, or is diagnosed with COVID-19, please refer to the detailed instructions provided in the COVID-19 Self-Isolation Kit.