To protect all community members from COVID-19, certain measures have been put in place by the CBHSSJB Public Health Department in collaboration with Public Safety Officers (PSO) and First Nation Councils. We encourage everyone to respect the recommendations provided by local officials. By working together, we can protect our communities from COVID-19 and its variants.
Inform yourself before travelling
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN TRAVELLING
- Get your travel authorization letter
- HEALTHCARE WORKERS: Contact Human Resources: 18TCR.Employees.Covid@ssss.gouv.qc.ca
- WIICHIHIITUWIN CLIENTS OR ESCORTS: Contact your liaison nurse.
- Bring proof of a permanent residence
- Report yourself at all security checkpoints
- The security checkpoint officer will fill out a Notification of Isolation form upon your return from high-risk areas
WHAT CAN I DO TO PROTECT MYSELF WHEN I TRAVEL TO THE SOUTH?
You are not required to self-isolate when you are going to the South, but we strongly encourage you to follow all precautionary measures put in place during the pandemic, and to:
- Plan your travel ahead of time by keeping in mind the Areas of Risk and choosing where you will be staying and going
- Inform your PSO in advance; they will provide you with specific instructions
- Get vaccinated; it’s an extra layer of protection
- Stay 2 metres/6 feet away from others outside of your bubble
- Avoid crowded places whenever possible
- Wear a mask properly (on nose and mouth) in public places
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or tissue; throw tissue away in a closed garbage can
- Wash your hands often for 20 seconds with warm water and soap or use hand sanitizer
Self-Isolation Guidelines in effect under local Mandatory Self-Isolation Laws (MSIL) for people travelling to Eeyou Istchee from an area of risk.
Give these instructions to a family member or friend helping with daily activities - eating, using the bathroom, walking, changing chairs, etc.
The COVID-19 virus can survive outside the body on objects and surfaces but it is easily destroyed by soap and water or disinfectant