Because of COVID-19 and its variants:
- Anyone coming from Red Zone areas are expected to inform their local PSO before coming to any bush camp. The person will be asked to self-isolate.
- Since you can have COVID-19 without any symptoms, it is important to wear a mask on the plane or helicopter.
The COVID-19 virus can spread fast. To prevent an outbreak in a camp:
- For an extra layer of protection, get vaccinated (contact your local CMC for more information)
- Stay 2 metres/6 feet away from people outside of your camp
- Wear a mask if you can’t distance 2 metres/6 feet away with others outside your household
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or tissue
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer
- Disinfect surfaces
- Air out your cabin often
It is everyone's priority to protect
- Be sure to have a box of medical masks, in case someone becomes symptomatic.
- Families need to be very cautious when visiting or receiving guests from other camps, villages, or community members who are not part of their households.
- If you are attending a feast in the bush, wear a mask, keep your distance and wash/sanitize your hands often.
- If you can, reduce the number of people in your cabin by building extra shelters to be used as sleeping and living quarters for extended family members.
April 1, 2021