Person who, without having a qualification card, does a variety of maintenance and repair work in the sectors of various building trades, in accordance with the law.
• High School Diploma.
• One (1) year of relevant experience in the maintenance and general repair of a building;
• Experience in construction or maintenance of building would be an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knows how to read instruction manuals;
• Knows how to do minor household repairs;
• Manual dexterity;
• Practical and attentive to detail;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
• Physical ability to push, pull and lift heavy loads;
• Teamwork skills;
• Autonomous, flexible and discrete.
• Fluent in English & Cree
• Valid driver's license class 4 & 5: Driving Record Request (SAAQ clic online Services – Citizens);
• Possibility of being on-call.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.