SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who performs work related to personnel management, financial management, work organization and planning for the execution of complex administrative tasks by compiling and analyzing data.
This job title also includes the person who is responsible for the administrative operation of a department and who oversees the department's internal and external relations. He is responsible for the activities of the department's office personnel.
• Must hold a diploma of college studies (DEC) in general administration, accounting and management technology, office system technology, or in another appropriate college discipline issued by a school recognized by the competent ministry;
• This position also includes persons holding a certificate of college studies in administration.
• Two (2) years of relevant experience or equivalent knowledge;
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of administrative theory, systems, techniques and practices;
• Knowledge of the MSSS Network and administrative regulations is an asset;
• Knowledge of content areas such as social work, rehabilitation professions is considered an asset;
• Knowledge of software such as Care4, Atlas Telemed, Excel, Midas, Virtuo finance is an asset;
• Ability to handle multiple files at the same time;
• Ability to work well under pressure;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken);
• Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
• Teamwork skills;
• Well organized.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree and in French is an asset
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.