SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who assists one or several professionals or a work team in their administrative or professional tasks.
She/he performs a set of administrative or managerial tasks according to the established complex methods or procedures or she/he changes them as needed. She/he exercises mainly and usually responsibilities related to the development and processing of files or data requiring specific knowledge.
She/he may also perform tasks falling under the secretarial sector.
• Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming and assisting them appropriately in their requests;
• Open medical files under request for Mistissini
• Must know how to navigate in Care 4, Benefits and Medipatient;
• Knowledge of dental terminology and basic operations for billing and communications;
• Provide support and assistance to clients with the different forms (e.g.: DEC-200 form, death certificate, etc.)
• Assist users in the authentication process and temporary RAMQ card;
• Produce statistics on Excel registry - compile the entire filling statistics, Loan and return chart statistics and the Access of Information release;
• Support and collaborate with co-workers, employees and professionals in their task priorities;
• Ensure the dental department is never left unattended;
• Carry out filing classification process. Fix and repair the chart if needed;
• Follow the appropriate procedure for charts;
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls;
• Perform any other clerical duties requested by the supervisor
• Must hold a High School Diploma.
• Experience in work office and in clerical duties (asset);
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Possess a strong interest in office work;
• Good knowledge of computerized systems (Word, Excel);
• Knowledge of computer system Medipatient (asset)
• Ability to work well under pressure and independently with minimum supervision;
• Familiar with medical terminology is an asset;
• Teamwork capabilities;
• Autonomous and resourcefulness;
• Sens of adaptability and flexibility;
• Practical, proactive and resourcefulness,
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken).
• Professional discipline and sense of accountability;
• Excellent sense of organization and attentive to details;
• Excellent customer service including warm and welcoming attitude towards clients;
• Respect rules of professional conduct about confidentiality;
• Knowledge of Access to Information Act and right to obtain information (asset);
• Operational processes
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.