SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who draws up plans, specifications and other technical documents pertaining to plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration, Performs the required calculations, solves various problems related to the physical arrangement, installation and implementation constraints, Prepares partial or complete projects estimates and cost evaluations. May ensure project follow up.
• Build routines, specifications, and other technical documents pertaining to Health and Hygiene methodology and best practices following Ministry Standards.
• Gives his or her opinion in regards to choice of materials in regards to surfaces in new buildings and other construction to optimize infection control.
• Builds Health & Hygiene programs and routine for new buildings.
• Ensures implementation of best practices with local teams and new buildings.
• Assists local communities in choices of products and equipment in regards to health and Hygiene.
• Assists in planning, preventive and, safety measures, in operations following sanitation and waste management, in facilities.
• Provides technical support to the capital program, new capital projects and major renovation in regards to Health and Hygiene and safety.
• Maintains inventories of supplies and prepares orders for such.
• Ensures the carrying out of his duties according to the organization's procedures and guidelines, and other regulations in effect, in order to provide quality services.
• Collaborates and communicates with all other staff, for the benefit of the users.
• Ensures implementation of the policies, standards, and quality assurance program of the professional practice.
• Provides good "customer service" to all users and other staff, in order to foster organizational functioning and, indirectly, quality services to the population.
• Respects the practices, conduct, confidentiality and ethics expected of employees towards users, visitors and other employees.
• Carries out other tasks usually assigned to a Building Services Technician in Health & Hygiene upon the request of his immediate supervisor.
• College diploma of college studies with specialization in Building and Public Works Technology (Architectural Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or Building Mechanics) from a school recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport.
• Five (5) years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and experience:
• Knowledge of the regulations and norms for public buildings construction, operations, maintenance and management;
• Knowledge and experience in all building systems (structural, electrical, mechanical, water, HVAC, etc);
• Knowledge and experience in capital project construction planning, management, cost controls and monitoring;
• Ability to cooperate with the members of an operational project implementation team;
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written;
• Autonomous, flexible and discrete;
• Sense of accountability, analytical, and good judgment;
• Manual dexterity, good visual and hearing acuity, attention to detail;
• Able to adapt to schedule and working conditions changes;
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
• Valid driver’s license;
• Willing to travel on an occasional basis.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.