Person who ensures the protection of the establishment’s property and belongings and maintains order. In addition, she/he greets people entering the establishment, provides surveillance, ensures the protection of the users and responds to their needs. She/he reports incidents to the persons in charge. She/he intervenes in emergencies.
Person who assures the security at 12 Maamuu but also at other CBHSSJB buildings. The person will be in charge to tour the buildings using one of the Maintenance vehicle several times during the. Also, the person will be responsible of:
• Ensure the safety and security of the property;
• Verify all access doors and report any incident during the shift;
• Verify the access of workers after hours (construction or maintenance);
• Give the access to authorized persons to locked buildings;
• Contact Maintenance on-call if a need arises in one of the regional buildings;
• Contact Police or Fire Department / First Responders whenever required;
• Complete a report for the supervisor after their shift;
• Assist, if needed, other CBHSSJB security guards in Chisasibi in case of emergency situations;
• Detect and investigates any unusual activity, peculiar, noises or evidence of illegal entry, unauthorized activities. Corrects the condition and immediately alerts the Police and the person in charge when necessary;
• Report to the management all abnormal conditions, irregularities or deficiencies involving risk of damage to the property during the shift and takes action when applicable;
• Provide proactive services against theft, vandalism and fire;
• Ensure proper monitoring of the CBHSSJB’s installations at the regional surveillance center;
• Maintain public safety and order by enforcing rules respecting the building;
• Respect the practices, conduct, confidentiality and ethics expected of employees towards users, visitors and other employees;
• Perform other related tasks upon the request of her/his supervisor.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma;
• Holder of the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training is an asset or willingness to follow it;
• Related experience is an asset.
Please note that applicants who do not have the above- mentioned requirements may be considered for this position if they possess the following requirements.
A reading and writing test must also be successfully completed to be considered.
• No specific diploma and;
• One (1) to two (2) years of related experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Sense of observation;
• Basic computer knowledge;
• Ability to write reports and to read logs;
• Fluent in Cree and English;
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.