SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who performs work related to personnel management, financial management, work organization and planning for the execution of complex administrative tasks by compiling and analyzing data. This job title also includes the person who is responsible for the administrative operation of a department and who oversees the department’s internal and external relations. He is responsible for the activities of the department’s office personnel.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Greeting visitors and answering incoming phone calls;
• Overseeing the general maintenance of the Montréal 7th floor offices;
• Purchasing of office supplies and maintaining proper stock levels;
• Ensuring administrative support to the Human Resources team;
• Providing administrative support to the employees of the Montréal office, as needed;
• Diploma of College Studies with specialization in administrative techniques from a school recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport;
• Two (2) years of relevant experience;
Knowledge and Abilities
• Knowledge of administrative theory, systems, techniques and practices;
• Knowledge of the MSSS Network and administrative regulations is an asset;
• Be able to handle multiple files at the same time;
• Be able to work under pressure;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken);
• Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
• Teamwork skills;
• Well organized.
• Fluent in French and English;
• Fluency in Cree is an asset.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.