Recall list opportunities- CMC Nemaska *see below for more information*
RECALL LIST POSSIBILITIES FOR ON GOING OPPORTUNITIES
• Rehabilitation assistant
• Social Aide
• Community worker
• Health & Social Services Aide (hcw)
In the social services field, considering your position, you will:
• Acts as a liaison to help people navigates the medical system and to help the non-indigenous healthcare workers to understand Cree culture and values in order to deliver culturally appropriate care;
• Informs clients of pathways of care and refer when needed;
• Work in a multidisciplinary team and participate in inter-professional meetings with community workers, nurses, doctors, nutritionist, dental and psych educators, social worker and other community health services and staff;
• Promotes Health awareness in the community including disease prevention (outreach, pamphlets, workshops, radio);
• Carries out all other related tasks upon the request of her/his immediate supervisor.
• High School Diploma for all
Applicants without a high school diploma might be considered for evaluation if they have a relevant combination of experience and training/education.
• One (1) year of relevant experience;
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Team work abilities;
• Autonomous, flexible and punctual;
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent in English and Cree
Rehabilitation assistant: $22.54 to $26.00
Educator: $24.78 to $35.67
Community worker: $24.78 to $35.67
Health & Social Services Aide: $25.63
Social Aide: $24.21 to $32.32
For more information, you can Phone: 514-861-5955
With your application and resume, please make sure to specify the job title on which you wish to apply and send it to:
You can also give your resume to the clinic.
Posting start/end date
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.