SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who, without having a qualification card, does a variety of maintenance and repair work in the sectors of various building trades, in accordance with the law.
• Ensures the maintenance of all buildings and maintenance vehicles of the CBHSSJB as requested;
• Ensures quality controls and checks with precision tools the operational condition of the equipment and updates the various records;
• Installs, rigs up and modifies, if needed, the equipment according to the plans, specifications and instruction manuals.
• Carries out various maintenance, repair and renovation work in the various building trades, with everything in accordance to the laws and standards in effect.
• Makes sure his or her work is performed in accordance to the safety & accident prevention rules.
• Carries out carpentry work such as repairing and maintaining the framework in order to preserve or improve the moveable or immoveable properties
• Carries out the maintenance or repairs of the buildings by performing the work related to painting, ceramics, cementing, plastering, and other such work;
• Carries out minor plumbing, carpentry and electrical work that requires no certification.
• Repairs and maintains mechanical devices and certain parts such as locks and other parts.
• Keeps an inventory of the material such as building materials, spare parts and other items.
• Carries out the preventive maintenance of the equipment and keeps the records up-to-date.
• Picks up and delivers mail and other items;
• Ensures the maintenance of the grounds and parking lot surrounding the buildings (sweeping, mowing, removal of garbage, removal of snow around all doors and emergency exits, etc.), as assigned.
• Respects the practices, conduct and confidentiality expected of employees towards users, visitors and other employees.
• Ensures the carrying out of her or his duties according to the organization's procedures and guidelines in order to provide quality services.
• Collaborates and communicates with all other staff, for the benefit of the patients and clients.
• Ensures the quality of the services offered.
• Carries out any other task usually assigned to a Maintenance Worker upon the request of her/his immediate supervisor
• High School Diploma.
• One (1) year of relevant experience in the maintenance and general repair of a building;
• Experience in construction or maintenance of building would be an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knows how to read instruction manuals;
• Knows how to do minor household repairs;
• Manual dexterity;
• Practical and attentive to detail;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
• Physical ability to push, pull and lift heavy loads;
• Teamwork skills;
• Autonomous, flexible and discrete
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
• Valid driver's license: Driving Record Request (SAAQ clic online Services – Citizens
Benefits and remuneration:
You will have the opportunity to participate and work in a context of excitement within passionate and dynamic teams. The remuneration and benefits are granted according to the applicable policies of the MSSS. In addition, according to established internal policies, you will receive regional disparity premium, group insurance and pension plan!
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.