Person who prepares, seasons, cooks and portions food; ensures the optimum use of food. She/he may be asked to keep the list of food supplies up-to-date.
• Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in the professional cooking from a school recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport
• Applicants with a high School Diploma and one (1) year of related experience.
• Completed the Food safety training (MAPAQ) or is willing to follow the training;
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of food preparation, cooking techniques, and of maintaining a kitchen;
• Supervisory capability;
• Manual dexterity;
• Must be in good health; physical ability to remain standing on feet for a long period;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
• Autonomous, flexible and discrete;
• Well organized and attentive to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal, listening, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Fluent in Cree and English
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.