SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who analyzes the needs, conceives and applies professional techniques in the field of administrative methods and systems, in order to improve service delivery.
Contributes to the effective and efficient functioning of the operations of the specialized services:
• Communicates, links and provides appropriate information, within specified parameters, to relevant people, departments and groups, within and from outside the organization, regarding specialized services information.
• Provides and prepares background information on specific files as requested by the coordinator.
• Contributes support to the coordinator’s responsibilities for financial management
• Contributes support to the coordinator of specialized services’ administrative responsibilities in human resources and material resources.
• Prepares and supports the documentation (briefing sheet, recommendation or resolution, and others) as required at the different level of authorization within the CBHSSJB organization.
• Give support to coordinator of specialized services for the planning and preparing the documents to be presented at committees and meetings
• Contributes to the recording and follow-up of all directives, decisions and actions arising from each meeting, and the distribution and informing of concerned people
• Contributes to the tracking and follow-up of the deadlines for reports, completed files and actions, arising from the various committees and meetings. Submits deadline progress reports to the coordinator.
• Contributes to the tracking and follow-up of the deadlines for reports, completed files and actions, arising from the various projects. Submits deadline progress reports to the coordinator.
• Communicates, links and provides appropriate information, within specified parameters, to relevant people, departments and groups, within and from outside the organization, regarding the status of files, decisions, policies, developments, and information arising from the various committees, meetings or projects.
Management Information Systems
• Collaborates in the planning, organization, implementation and reporting of a Management Information System (MIS) for specialized services’ direction needs.
Specialized services management
• Contributes to the support of the department’s other Administrative Technicians and Administrative Officers, the planning, organization, coordination, implementation and reporting of the specialized services in all CMC.
• Contributes to the functional management of a matrix “Specialized Services Coordination” with the collaboration of the department’s other Administrative Technicians and Administrative Officers and managers, in terms of under/over workload distribution, equipment uniformity, development of common office systems and procedures, common computer hardware and software, and information management.
• Contributes to the planning, and ensures the provision of orientation training for the specialized services’ newly hired staff, with the collaboration of the manager.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Administration, Human science, Social Sciences or other relevant academic discipline.
• Three (3) years of appropriate administrative experience in similar responsibilities;
• Experience in health informatics.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Holder of Traditional Eenou/Eeyou Knowledge, at a level appropriate to research program development planning;
• Knowledge of current First Nation Specialized services models, trend and issues, across the country as an asset;
• Knowledge of current First Nation Telehealth models, trend and issues, across the country as an asset;
• Knowledge of MSSS administrative regulations, their network and programs, and current trends;
• Ability in the identification and analysis of the administrative systems needs for Specialized Services;
• Knowledge of administrative methods and techniques, budget management, data analysis, reporting, and information systems;
• Ability in administrative procedures and program planning and monitoring, including the development of policies and program manuals and administrative quality assurance systems;
• Good professional record in administrative systems in a similar type of research environment;
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills;
• Strong knowledge of Care4;
• Excellent computer literacy;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
• Ability in office and research related computer applications;
• Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision making skills;
• Fluent in English and French;
• Fluency in Cree is an asset.
• Willing to travel when needed.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.