SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who analyzes the needs, conceives and applies professional techniques in the field of administrative methods and systems, in order to improve service delivery.
• Make sure the procedures, forms and different documents of the direction are updated;
• Ensure the administrative logistics of the documents received (Authorization for transportation, expenses account, holidays request…) from the team member;
• Keep the list of nurses in the organization up to date;
• Keep the training register up to date;
• Responsible of the DSQ (Dossier Santé Quebec)
• Support the regional nurse counsellors in dome of their files: information, document formatting;
• Organize team meetings, produce the agenda and take the notes;
• Ensure follow-ups related to the various technological supports (cell phones, computers, etc.);
• Welcome the new team members by presenting the forms, organizing one to one meeting, make sure the technological support is ready;
• Order office materials for the team;
• Ensure the administrative and logistic support related to the different trainings, in close collaboration with human resources development
• Bachelor degree in administration or human sciences or social sciences or another appropriate discipline;
• Three (3) years of appropriate administrative experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge in administrative processes, local structure (CMC) and regional structure (Mental Health, TeleHealth, etc.);
• Knowledge of current First Nation models, trend and issues, across the country;
• Knowledge of MSSS administrative regulations, their network and programs, and current trends;
• Knowledge of administrative methods and techniques, budget management, data analysis, reporting, and information systems;
• Knowledge of Virtuo and budget process would be an asset;
• Ability in administrative procedures and program planning and monitoring, including the development of policies and program manuals and administrative quality assurance systems;
• Good professional record in administrative systems in a similar type of research environment;
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills;
• Excellent communication skills and ability in office and research related computer applications;
• Excellent critical thinking, organizational and decision making skills;
• Fluent in English and Cree or French.
• Fluency in a third language is an asset.
• Willing to travel.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.