Person who analyzes the technical needs of the users, designs the appropriate systems, and ensures their development and implementation. She/he prepares cost analysis and estimates the savings to be generated by the proposed system. She/he coordinates the implementation of new technology and software applications. She/he ensures the optimal use of computer systems. She/he ensures the proper monitoring of the systems and their surroundings.
Under the supervision of the coordinator PMO and the Team Leader, this individual will be part of the IT/PMO team, she/he will be the person who has the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of her/his projects mainly in Application Systems Deployment.
• Bachelor degree in computer science.
• Five (5) years of relevant professional experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Project management
• Suppliers/Vendors and consultants coordination
• Budget management and cost follow ups
• Identifies the list of IT equipment needed for the project and its administrative management
• Documentation of current and future IT infrastructure
• Creation of server / telecom room rack layout diagrams
• Creation of server / telecom room floor plan layouts
• Creation of fibre optic, CAT6, and telephony cabling plans
• Creation of Architecture Documentation
• Fluent in English and French;
• Fluency in Cree is an asset.
• Willing to travel.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.