**This position is for INTERNAL EMPLOYEES ONLY**
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who helps assess and analyses the needs of users, establish norms and standards of professional practice and devise appropriate solutions in order to help the institution improve the quality of its professional activities.
• Participates to the development, implementation, evaluation and review of rehabilitation programs, and of standards of the professional practice;
• Gives support to the rehabilitation staff to understand the family dynamic;
• Participates to the identification of the needs and to the presentation of the youth’s clinical profile.
• University degree in social work, psycho education, criminology or other degree deemed relevant;
• Two years of relevant experience, as of: in working with youth and their families in a well-defined clinical intervention, in a community based or working in a framework based on the community;
• Experience in supervision.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Excellent knowledge of the Act on the youth protection (AYP) and some knowledge of the criminal justice Act for adolescents (CJAA);
• Knowledge of the child development and family dynamic;
• Good knowledge of the clinical process in youth protection and the concept of protection and intervention protocols;
• Talent to effectively convey the clinical and theoretical knowledge;
• Ability to be adaptable to different culture and environments;
• Good judgment and a professional autonomy;
• An excellent sense of the organization;
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to write technical documents and deliver presentations and trainings;
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working effectively in an independent capacity and as a member of the team.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
• Available for travel in the various communities.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.