SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who, based on established general program conceives specific educational and prevention programs in the field of dental hygiene. She/ he collaborates in the various screening programs. She/he may assist the dentist in carrying out her/his functions. She/he applies dental hygiene techniques for dental care and prevention purposes. She/he carries out the topical application of anti-cavity agents, as well as the cleaning, scaling and polishing of the teeth, proceeds, with preliminary examinations and obtains and established the anamnesis. She/he inserts, sculpts and finishes fillings. She/he keeps inventory and places orders for dental supplies.
The person is called upon to work in the clinic at the chair with the patients. The role could include participation in public health programs and promotion at the schools.
• Diploma of college graduation with a specialization in dental hygiene in a school recognized by the Quebec Ministry of Education;
• Member of the Ordre des hygiénistes dentaires du Québec ;
• One (1) year of relevant experience;
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Demonstrate interest in pedodontics;
• Must be able to communicate clearly and listening skills,
• Ability to cope with stress;
• Meticulous and attentive to detail;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
• Excellent manual dexterity;
• Autonomous, flexible, discreet and empathetic.
• Sens of observation and capacity to analyze situations;
• Fluent in English and one of Cree or French;
• Fluency in third language is an asset.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.