**This position is for INTERNAL EMPLOYEES ONLY**
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
• Person who provides a variety of nursing services according to the bio-psycho-social needs of the users or groups of people under her/his care. She/he evaluates the health condition of users; determines and implements treatment and nursing care plans for users with complex health problems and/or problems that involve various biological, psychological and social aspects. She/he provides nursing and medical care and treatments aimed at maintaining and restoring health, and preventing disease.
• She/he conceives implements and evaluates mental health care programs that require advanced knowledge and that are aimed at solving complex health problems and/or problems involving various biological, psychological and social aspects. This person is involved in the development or adaptation of clinical and health care quality evaluation tools. She/he coordinates teamwork and; plays an advisory role towards her/his colleagues and the interdisciplinary team.
• She/he identifies, for the users, the needs and interventions that require the coordination of different mental health services within the establishment and between different establishments or related organizations. If applicable, she/he ensures the coordination of these services.
• She/he ensures the organisation for the psychiatrist visit and the clinical follow-up of the care plan resulting of each consultation.
• She/he acts as a case manager for the clients having and acute or chronic mental illness.
• She/he acts a liaison to ensure the follow-up and maintain the communication when a client receives services in other departments or from other institutions.
• She/he assumes, in collaboration with other health professionals, a consulting and educational role on mental health for clients, families, and any other people involved with individuals with mental health issues.
• Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an undergraduate degree consisting including of three (3) admissible certificates, of which two (2) are accredited certificates in Nursing at least one (1) in the fields of mental health or psychiatry.
• College degree in Nursing with all of the following in date of 01-01-2018 with a certificate in the field of mental health or psychiatry.
• Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including/or
• Minimum of (2) two years experience in mental health services practice
• Fluent in English and Cree or French.
• Fluency in a third language is an asset;
• Holder of the training Nonviolent crisis intervention or OMEGA or willingness to be trained;
• Good knowledge of the MHSSQ network, regulations and programs related to nursing care;
• Ability and experience to manage the planning, development clinical programming, policies and protocols related to mental health;
• Ability to work in collaboration with all colleagues.
Nurses who have followed the extended role training and have not successfully completed this training are excluded from this posting. However, the nurse who demonstrates a minimum one-year of new acute care experience since the training may request a reconsideration of this exclusion.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.