**This position is for INTERNAL EMPLOYEES ONLY**
Person at an outpost or dispensary in a locality covered by the provisions on regional disparities, who, in addition to his regular duties as a nurse, does patient assessments that allow a doctor to make a diagnosis at a distance and determine the appropriate interventions. Is also required to carry out actions and interventions that are generally reserved to doctors in other work environments.
Under the authority of the Coordinator of Current Services and Chishaayiyuu, the Nurse dispenses currents to the population of all ages in the territory according to an integrated service approach. He / she works according to a multidisciplinary approach and works in close partnership with Community Health Representative (CHR), Social Worker, Social Assistance Technician, Doctor, Nutritionist, Midwife, and various other community health services and staff.
• Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q ;
• Three (3) years of experience as a nurse including:
• One (1) year of experience in critical care; or
• Two (2) years of experience at the CBHSSJB;
Knowledge and abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
• Good resistance to stress;
• Excellent communication and listening skills;
• Capacity to be autonomous, methodical, organized;
• Critical thinking and decision-making skills;
• Show interest and empathy towards others;
• Interpersonal, listening, communication, and leadership skills;
• Dynamism and self confidence;
• Sense of observation and self control;
• Capability to be flexible, discrete, empathetic and to take initiative.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
• This position includes on-call periods for the current services;
• Includes extended role functions;
• A skill-based test may be required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Nurses who have followed the extended role training and have not successfully completed this training are excluded from this posting. However, the nurse who demonstrates a minimum one-year of new acute care experience since the training may request a reconsideration of this exclusion.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.