SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who performs work related to personnel management, financial management, work organization and planning for the execution of complex administrative tasks by compiling and analyzing data. This job title also includes the person who is responsible for the administrative operation of a department and who oversees the department's internal and external relations. She/he is responsible for the activities of the department's office personnel.
Under the direction of the Director Strategy and Organizational Development, the incumbent:
• Supports all activities related to developing, deploying and sustaining the electronic medical record (EMR) system, and other clinical information systems (CIS) and applications;
• Acts a super user for the EMR and other related CIS and applications by providing direct orientation, training and support to individuals, teams and departments in their use;
• Collaborates with key partners (local management and their teams, medical teams, etc.), to ensure adoption of related tools and work processes;
• Provides direct and remote user support through helpline and provides rotating on-call coverage with colleagues;
• Performs audits to ensure the proper use of the systems and applications by individuals, teams and departments;
• Provides input on the development of materials, work processes and system functions based on experience with system users; and,
• Performs other tasks usually assigned to an Administrative Technician upon the request of her/his supervisor.
• According to the field of work, a diploma of college studies with specialization in Administrative Techniques or in an appropriate discipline from a school recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation du Loisir et du Sport or a certificate of college studies in Administrative Techniques;
• This job title also includes applicants who, with pertinent experience, hold a college certificate in administrative techniques.
• Minimum two-year experience in an office environment.
Knowledge and abilities:
• Knowledge of administrative theory, systems, techniques and practices;
• Knowledge and experience with corporate clinical information systems (CIS) is mandatory;
• Knowledge and experience with corporate administrative systems is an asset;
• Excellent communication skills (both written and spoken);
• Excellent teamwork skills and ability to partner with various clinical and non-clinical stakeholders;
• Experience with providing training and support to individuals and teams is an asset;
• Be able to work autonomously with minimal direct supervision;
• Be able to handle multiple files and tasks at the same time;
• Be able to work under pressure and flexible to meet changing priorities;
• Practical, attentive to detail and analytical;
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance; and,
• Well organized.
• Fluent in Cree and English;
• Fluency in French is an asset.
• Willing to travel to all 9 communities.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.