SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who performs work related to personnel management, financial management, work organization and planning for the execution of complex administrative tasks by compiling and analyzing data.
This job title also includes the person who is responsible for the administrative operation of a department and who oversees the department's internal and external relations. She/he is responsible for the activities of the department's office personnel.
• The person supports the Proximity Directors under Miyupimaatisiiun Administration;
• Takes minutes of meetings;
• Assists in the planning, organizing and controlling of the administrative work of her or his department;
• Collaborates to the creation, setting-up and functioning of various administrative systems;
• Participates in the implementation and application and/or operation of various administrative policies, procedures and systems;
• Enters, processes, compiles, and analyses administrative and clerical data in existing systems.
• Prepares reports;
• Provides customer service;
• Participates in the organization and maintenance of documentation and information while applying rules regarding confidentiality;
• Participates in meetings of various intra and inter departmental groups;
• Carries out other tasks usually assigned to an Administrative Technician upon the request of her/his supervisor.
• Must have a diploma of college studies with specialization in Administrative Techniques or in an appropriate discipline from a school recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation du Loisir et du Sport;
• This job also includes persons who, after having acquired relevant experience, obtained a certificate of college studies in Administrative Techniques.
• Two years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Good knowledge of administrative theory, systems, techniques and practice;
• Good working knowledge of computer applications, especially Microsoft Office;
• Be able to work under pressure;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
• Well organized.
• Be able to work with multiple files at the same time;
• Autonomous, Attentive to detail and analytical
• Knowledge of the MSSS Network and administrative regulations is an asset;
• Team work skills
• Sense of accountability, resourcefulness & vigilance;
• Fluent in Cree and English;
• Fluency in French is an asset.
Other ways to apply
Please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
With your application, please make sure to specify the posting number and the job title.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Life in Eeyou Istchee
We are the Cree of Eeyou Istchee. We call ourselves Eeyou and Eenou. Our name means simply “the people”. Clients of the CBHSSJB include the almost 18,000 people residing in the nine Cree communities and scattered throughout the territory at hunting camps, mine sites, hydro-electric installations and logging camps.
The best way to experience the Cree way of life is by participating in community and cultural activities. Most communities have an ice rink, fitness centre and a gymnasium. Several communities, including Chisasibi, have indoor pools. Ask the Community Health Representative or Community Organizer at the clinic about opportunities to participate in Cree cultural activities such as walking out ceremonies. The region offers some of the world’s best fishing, canoeing, hiking and snowmobiling.