Come for the adventure. Stay for the people.
The CBHSSJB offers fantastic working conditions to physiotherapists who are open to the challenges of the north. You must be dynamic, self-sufficient, team-spirited and open to the Cree culture and reality. Our ideal candidate will embrace the northern culture and natural environment, including our beautiful, snowy and cold winters!
Person who assesses physical disabilities or incapacities that are linked to the neurological, musculoskeletal and cardiorespiratory systems. She/he establishes and carries out a treatment plan aimed at achieving optimal functional performance. Also participates in the development of practice tools pertinent to rehabilitation services and the support of different programs and services in Eeyou Istchee.
• Hold a Master degree in Physiotherapy;
• Must be a member of the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec.
Physiotherapists with a bachelor degree in physiotherapy who became members of the OPPQ before the changes to the nomenclature will be considered for this position.
• Two (2) years of pertinent experience;
• Experience with community-based interventions and coordination of service plans;
• Experience working with individuals, families and community organizations.
Knowledge and abilities
• Good knowledge of physical therapy theory and practice, current trends, and the MSSS Network and regulations;
• Varied clinical skills: community health, home care, geriatric, pediatric;
• Ability in the identification and analysis of the clientele needs;
• Ability to communicate theoretical and practical knowledge, as applied to coaching and training;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Teamwork capabilities and adaptation skills.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Must have your own vehicle.