Come for the adventure. Stay for the people.
The CBHSSJB offers fantastic working conditions to community workers who are open to the challenges of the north. You must be dynamic, self-sufficient, team-spirited and open to the Cree culture and reality. Our ideal candidate will embrace the northern culture and natural environment, including our beautiful, snowy and cold winters!
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Person who participate in the identification of the needs of the population participate in the community organization & development and execute different action programs by using appropriate techniques, may act as a resources person for the groups.
- Must have a diploma of college studies in social work techniques or social service techniques or another appropriate specialization from a school recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport;
- This job title also includes those who have a certificate of college studies in social work techniques or social service techniques;
- Applicants with an attestation of college studies in Educators in Native Childcare Services or Special Needs Education aboriginal and Inuit children may be considered.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of Cree culture and social/health issues in Eeyou Istchee;
- Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Pimaatsiiun healing practices and paradigms is an asset;
- Ability to communicate with people, to run interviews and to establish and maintain a "helping relationship with beneficiaries";
- Ready to learn about 2nd line services ("Youth Protection" and "Young Offender Procedures");
- Skills in counseling and Knowledge of the laws: Y.O.A, Y.P.A, L.H.S.S.S
- Ability to work in collaboration with CLSC Community worker, NNADAP worker and other medical social services staff and other organisms within and outside the community;
- Initiative, dynamism and sense of responsibility;
- Must show initiative, be dynamic, exhibit responsibility and professionalism;
- Must be sensitive to issues within the family unit.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Valid driver’s licence Class 5