Read updated information about the wildfire and smoke situation in Eeyou Istchee.
Training for Bush Kit Representatives
What does a Bush Kit Representative do?
- Takes care of the Bush Kit
- Communicates with the nurse at the CMC
- Gives medication, first-aid care and follow-up
- Recognizes common problems and emergency situations
- Acts as a resource person for health problems of people in the camp
- Puts in place strategies at camp to prevent illness or injury
- Follows prescribed treatments correctly to give safe and proper care to the sick or injured person
Training sessions for community members will increase the safety and sense of well-being of people in the bush.
The training will teach you:
- First-aid care in the bush
- Emergency preparedness in the bush
- How to react and act in an emergency event
- Use of the Bush Kit
- Communication with the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centre
Training schedule in each community
Bush Kit Training in Whapmagoostui (winter, 2019)
March 22, 2023